db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject Setting non-autogened ids under native idMethod
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:19:08 GMT
Hi,

  I have a table which generally uses autogenerated ids. But under some circumstances, I need
to delete a record and create a new one with the same id. I can't use doUpdate here because
deleting the record causes a cascaded delete of a big tree of records and thats the reason
I'm doing the delete in the first place. How do I go about doing this? "This" meaning, creating
a new record with a non-autogenerated id for a table whose idMethod is native. I know some
flags need to be set, but I don't know what all flags need to be set to what value.

Thanks in advance.

~Sarav