db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Re: Using torque
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:51:52 GMT

Hi,

please look at the tutorial,
http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/index.html.  There, maven is used to
generate the java classes. It worked for me.
I did the following:
- downloaded and installed maven
- installed the torque plugin for maven (see tutorial)
- downloaded torque-gen-3.1.1
- unpacked it and changed into the torque-gen-3.1.1 directory
- create a subdirectory src/schema and put the schema.xml from the tutorial
there
- put the torque.properties and build.properties from the tutorial directly
into the torque-gen-3.1.1 directory
- ran the command "maven torque" in the torque-gen-3.1.1 directory
- and voila, the java sources were generated in the src/java subdiretory.

In the 3.1. version, there was also an ant file in the generator called
build-torque.xml, but I cannot find it in the 3.1.1 binary distribution :-(
I am not sure whether it was taken out by purpose, and if yes, why. So it
seems that using ant is not an option at the moment with torque 3.1.1

     Thomas