db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Bookey" <ben.boo...@gistec-online.de>
Subject Village for Oracle patch.
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:30:57 GMT
Dear list,

I have a LOB question regarding oracle and the patched village package. village-2.0-dev-oraclepatched-20040806.jar
(This works fine for uploading files > 4k !! thank you very much)

In a mutli-user-environment, lets say a SQLplus-client has locked the row indefinitely (until
oracle session timeout), the torque Databasetable object class hangs until the other "user"
unlocks the row. Is there a way to get around this. e.g. torque throws an exception which
I can then check ?Or must my app hang until the lock has been released.

Hope someone can give me a clue.

regards

Ben Bookey