db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Bookey" <ben.boo...@gistec-online.de>
Subject RE: Village for Oracle patch.
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:13:34 GMT

Hi Sarav,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

>>Is this hanging noticed only in tables with LOBs or does it hang on any
>>table where locking is performed?

This is a very good question :-) I think that this table with the LOB is the
only one where any locking is taking place in my application. My
understanding is that Oracle locking is only done when a specific "select *
where * for update" command is used (this command is also system.out'd,
presumably from your patch). If this is the case, then its the only table
where I have noticed this problem, as the remainder of the app is doing
standard Torque Deletes, Updates and Inserts using Torque (varchar and
numbers) and I believe from the Torque logs that no such commands are done.

One futher point I would like to add, is that this problem is not likely to
happen alot in my app. I have locked the row
using SQLplus, and not another instance of myApp. However, when one user is
uploading a larger file to the table file, it could result in another
scratching his head, and it would be nice to stop this hanging process.

regards,

Ben Bookey