db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Vitzethum, Daniel" <Daniel.Vitzet...@gigatronik.com>
Subject Don't get Torque's loggin to work
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:30:29 GMT
Hi there,

everything works quite fine with Torque 3.1, but i can't get
that logging to work (at runtime).

I've tried to use/modify the log4j props in Torque.properties,
even using the ConsoleAppender, like that,

----
log4j.category.org.apache.torque = DEBUG, org.apache.torque
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
#log4j.appender.org.apache.torque = org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.file = ./torque.log
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout = org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout
#log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t]
%-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.append = false

# and added:
log4j.logger.org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer = DEBUG
----

I'm relatively sure that the torque-gen.jar is not on my runtime
classpath, as
mentioned in http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
FAQ 12.

In addition, telling my container
"-Dlog4j.configuration=%CONFIG_DIR%\Torque.properties"
with relative or absolute path stayed without result.

Can anyone point me out how to configure the logging?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel