db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Richard Bayet <ba...@enseirb.fr>
Subject Re: Unable to create Criteria object or executeQuery
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:33:28 GMT
Thomas Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do remember there was a discussion about this in the user mailing list
> some time ago. The problem with your statement is that it uses subselects,
> which is not (yet ???) supported in torque (contributions are welcome). One
> solution was to manually create a view in the database [...]
>
>      Thomas

Well, the kind of subselect he wants to perform is not yet supported,
but "classical" subselects are supported, aren't they ?
(Like "select A, B from T1, T2
where A in (select MAX(C) from T3 ...)

But I might be wrong, I know I had to extend the Criteria class to code
a "not in" operator. I got the idea from either the dev or user
mailing-list.

Regards