db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Brent Atkins <brent.atk...@pro-sys.biz>
Subject Re: Maven, managing source code.
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:21:25 GMT
Hey Travis,

I actually do my settings a bit differently than Henning does, so I'll
tell you how I do it and you can see which method works best for you...
I simply make all Torque generated code a member of the package torque
and check all of it in.  Nine times out of ten I'm not working with
those classes, so it soon becomes a royal pain in the ass to wait for
Torque to rebuild those classes if you don't need for them to be.  All
you need to do is include the property "torque.targetPackage = torque"
in your project.properties.

Also, it makes for interesting diffs when you rebuild those classes with
different versions of torque.  For me it gives a nice comparison on how
the different versions actually effect my code.  For your case,
Table.java should remain intact anyway.

Not as slick as the method as Henning uses, but quite workable.

Davin Atkins