db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Travis Stevens" <Travis.Stev...@noaa.gov>
Subject Maven, managing source code.
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:45:41 GMT
Hello.

The maven-torque-plugin is fantastic.  However, I am having trouble
managing the source.  Torque generates Base classes and blank Subclasses
of those for developers to add functionality for both Peer and Bean-like
objects.  For one table I end up with BaseTable.java,
BaseTablePeer.java, Table.java and TablePeer.java.  I then modify
Table.java for various reason.

In this scenario, I would think that the best way to manage source code
is to check only Table.java into CVS.  That, along with the -schema.xml
files, I am able to easily regenerate the state.  However, this becomes
very messy because the generated classes are in the src directory.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this?

I also use Axis wsdl2java maven plugin.  The axis plugin generates code
into the target directory which makes sense.  I would suggest Torque
move to this model.  If Table.java is not in the src directory, create
it in the target directory.  If a developer wishes to modify Table.java,
then it is their job to move it into the source directory.

-Trav