db-torque-user mailing list archives

From John Harris <johnhar...@icheetah.us>
Subject Foreign key integrity constraints and Transactions
Date Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:22:27 GMT
I've got table A & table B, where B.childID is a foreign key to A.ID. This is running on
the oracle backend.

The scenario is: I create a new A entity, torque correctly starts the transaction and acquires
a new A.ID for the primary key. Then torque goes on to create a new row for B, putting in
the correct value for B.childID.

However - when save() is called for B, I get an integrity constraint error saying the parent
key does not exist. And so as you would expect, the whole transaction is rolled back.

If it's within the same transaction call - shouldn't this work?

The only way I could make it work is to disable the foreign key constraint - I'm not comfortable
with this solution. Is this working as designed?

-John