db-torque-user mailing list archives

From clinton lopez <slpy_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Foreign key problem
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:57:00 GMT
hi.

i'm having a problem in setting the value of the id of
a foreign key (which is also the primary key for that
table)

I have a schema that is something like:
		<column	name="colid"
			primaryKey="true"
			required="true"
			type="INTEGER"
			autoIncrement="true"/>
		<column name="col"
			required="true"/>

		<column	name="colid"
			primaryKey="true"
			required="true"
			type="INTEGER"/>
		<column  name="colname"
			required="true"/>
	<foreign-key
		foreignTable="TABLE1"
		onDelete="cascade">
	      	<reference
	        	local="colid"
	        	foreign="colid"/>
    	</foreign-key>

The point in this schema is that I have a
table(Table2) whose primary key is a foreign key
referencing Table1. That key in table1 is auto
incremented.

In my code, I got the generated colid of Table1 as:
	Table1 table1 = new Table1();
	table1.setCol("some value");
	try {
            table1.save();
        }catch (Exception e){}

	int colid = table1.getColid();

then, i tried to put that value in Table2 (i'm sure
its not a duplicate value):
	Table2 table2 = new Table2();
	try {
		table2.setColid(colid)	//value taken from the Table1
	} catch (TorqueException e) {}
	table2.setColname("some name");
	try {
            table2.save();
        }catch (Exception e){}

After executing these statements, I noticed that the
colid in table1 is not the same as the colid of
table2. I was able to verify that a TorqueException is
being catched when I set the velue of colid.

I also tried
	table2.setPrimaryKey(String.valueOf(colid)) instead
of table2.setColid(colid)  but still didn't work.

I tried setting defaultIdMethod to "idbroker", then to
"none" but still has the same problem.

could anyone give some advise on how to solve this
issue?

Many thanks!
Clinton Lopez