db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Ruy Diaz Jara <diaz_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Subtracting fields in the Where Clause
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:47:45 GMT
In trying to simplify the query in order not to confuse the community, I
overdid it, because it would appear that the solution would be a simple:

Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
cal.add(Calendar.DATE, 5);
cr.add(SubscribersPeer.END_OF_SUBSCRIPTION_DATE, cal.getTime());

However, the problem I am facing is because in reality I am not comparing to a
constant (5) but rather to a field from another table. The actual query is:

SELECT user_id
FROM details d, subscribers s
WHERE s.app_id = d.app_id
AND TO_DAYS(s.end_of_subscription_date) - TO_DAYS(SYSDATE()) = d.end_warning

Given that the number of days until expiration varies from application to
application, I want to get this as a dynamic value. I know a solution would be
to do several queries (one for each application), but with a query such as the
one presented above, I could do all of it in a single step. So executeQuery
could also do the trick, but I would like to avoid it in order to obtain DB
independence.

Thanks for any help.
Ruy