db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Pritam Paul" <pritam.p...@lycos.com>
Subject Unable to create Criteria object or executeQuery
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:27:43 GMT
Hi,

I have the following sql statement whose equivalent i need to generated using Criteria settings
to fetch the results:

[THIS SQL Query works well in SQL Server and Query explorer - to fetch 8 records]
SELECT 		PME_EmpInfo.EMPLOYEEID,
		PME_EmpInfo.FIRSTNAME,
		PME_EmpInfo.LASTNAME,
		PME_EmpInfo.SUPERVISORID,
		PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNO,
		PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNAME,
			(SELECT 	(empinner.FirstName + ' ' + empinner.LastName)
			  FROM 		PME_EmpInfo empinner
			  WHERE 	PME_EmpInfo.SUPERVISORID = empinner.EmployeeID) AS SupervisorName,
			(SELECT 	phaseinner.PhaseName
			  FROM 		PME_Phase phaseinner
			  WHERE 	PME_Main.CURRENTPHASEID = phaseinner.PhaseID) AS PhaseName

FROM 		PME_EmpInfo INNER JOIN
		PME_Main ON PME_EmpInfo.EMPLOYEEID = PME_Main.EMPLOYEEID INNER JOIN
		PME_Phase ON PME_Main.CURRENTPHASEID = PME_Phase.PHASEID
WHERE 		(PME_Main.CURRENTSTATUSID='7') AND (PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNO='11080')

I tried using Criteria class but since i dont know Torque well i dont know how
this can be achieved using the Criteria class. I tried creating a Query object
for this SQL statement and its (.toString()) method outputs this exact SQL query.

But how do i execute this query to fetch the results.

When i try using the BasePeer.executeQuery(sqlString) method, it complains "There was no DataSourceFactory
configured for the connection".

Also how would i get the resultset object casted in such a way that i can read the mentioned
columns.

In summary - how to execute a raw sql statement (which was generated by some other
app layer) using torque and get the resultset?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

regards,
Paul