db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Guy Galil <guy_ga...@guardium.com>
Subject Re: Unable to create Criteria object or executeQuery
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:26:38 GMT
The error message you get indicates a configuration problem - check your
Torque.properties.
After you are able to connect you can use your code as listed and get a
List of Reccord objects with your results - Torque cannot map multiple
tables to specific objects.
Another way would be to use Torque just to get the connection and then
process the query using plain jdbc:

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.Statement;

Connection con = null;
Statement st = null;
ResultSet rs = null;
String query = "Select a from b where c = 'd' ";
try
{
	con = Torque.getConnection("default_database");
	st = con.createStatement();
	rs = st.executeQuery(query);
	while (rs.next())
	{
		// process results
	}
}
finally
{
	if (rs != null)
		rs.close();
	if(st != null)
		st.close();
	Torque.closeConnection(con);
}

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 09:27, Pritam Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following sql statement whose equivalent i need to generated using Criteria
settings to fetch the results:

> [THIS SQL Query works well in SQL Server and Query explorer - to fetch 8 records]
> SELECT 		PME_EmpInfo.EMPLOYEEID,
> 		PME_EmpInfo.FIRSTNAME,
> 		PME_EmpInfo.LASTNAME,
> 		PME_EmpInfo.SUPERVISORID,
> 		PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNO,
> 		PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNAME,
> 			(SELECT 	(empinner.FirstName + ' ' + empinner.LastName)
> 			  FROM 		PME_EmpInfo empinner
> 			  WHERE 	PME_EmpInfo.SUPERVISORID = empinner.EmployeeID) AS SupervisorName,
> 			(SELECT 	phaseinner.PhaseName
> 			  FROM 		PME_Phase phaseinner
> 			  WHERE 	PME_Main.CURRENTPHASEID = phaseinner.PhaseID) AS PhaseName
>
> FROM 		PME_EmpInfo INNER JOIN
> 		PME_Main ON PME_EmpInfo.EMPLOYEEID = PME_Main.EMPLOYEEID INNER JOIN
> 		PME_Phase ON PME_Main.CURRENTPHASEID = PME_Phase.PHASEID
> WHERE 		(PME_Main.CURRENTSTATUSID='7') AND (PME_EmpInfo.DEPTNO='11080')

> I tried using Criteria class but since i dont know Torque well i dont know how
> this can be achieved using the Criteria class. I tried creating a Query object
> for this SQL statement and its (.toString()) method outputs this exact SQL query.
>
> But how do i execute this query to fetch the results.
>
> When i try using the BasePeer.executeQuery(sqlString) method, it complains "There was
no DataSourceFactory configured for the connection".