db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: help with torque generator
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:09:18 GMT
"Scoz, Eduardo" <escoz@cti.depaul.edu> writes:

>>From the torque.jar file, it's possible to see that the generator uses
>vm files to create the external documents. What exact format are those
>vm files in? Is there any documentation on how I can extend, or create a
>new vm file?

Yes, this is possible. The .vm files are _in_ the torque-gen.jar. If
you want to change or expand these, best would be to get the torque
source (the files are in src/generator/src/templates/) and rebuilt the
jar.

>Is there anyway to have those vm files outside the torque package? I
>tried copying some of the files to my project, so that I can then change
>them, and I changed the torque-build.xml file, but I couldn't get it to
>work (Resource not found - control.vm file).

It should be possible. There are settings for the ant-tasks to load
the templates from a directory and not from the classpath. Sorry,
can't recall on the spot which these are.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"