db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Scoz, Eduardo" <es...@cti.depaul.edu>
Subject help with torque generator
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:20:18 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on a large application project that will extend
one existing system that uses OJB. One of our main problems now is that
we can't use the xdoclet plugin anymore on the classes. We now have to
use a secondary XML file that is somewhat similar to the
project_schema.xml file.

As I don't have that much experience with Torque, I would like to add a
few questions.

>From the torque.jar file, it's possible to see that the generator uses
vm files to create the external documents. What exact format are those
vm files in? Is there any documentation on how I can extend, or create a
new vm file?

Is there anyway to have those vm files outside the torque package? I
tried copying some of the files to my project, so that I can then change
them, and I changed the torque-build.xml file, but I couldn't get it to
work (Resource not found - control.vm file).

Thanks a lot, guys!

I know this is not the dev list, but probably the developers check this
list, so congratulations to all you, for the great project!

Eduardo Scoz

DePaul University

Chicago, IL