db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Kalyani Kale" <kaly...@ascindia.com>
Subject RE: Newbie --> getCriterion() Question
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:49:32 GMT
Hi,
According to my understanding,

Both these methods essentially do the same thing. They return a criteria
associated with the column.

But in the getCriterion( String column ) method, the 'columnName' string is
of type 'tableName.columnName'.

Whereas in the getCriterion( String tableName, String columnName ) method,
the table name is explicitly provided.

for e.g.
getCriteron("Employee.empid")
getCriterion("Employee", "empid")

Hope this helps.
Kalyani

-----Original Message-----
From: Swaminathan Gurumoorthy [mailto:swamiolympus@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 1:56 PM
To: torque-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Newbie --> getCriterion() Question

Hi

I am trying out torque for my data persistence. I had a question.

The criteria class has two getCriterion() methods - one that takes a
column and another that takes a table name and column name.

The javadoc was not very descriptive and so it was kinda confusing to
find out the difference between these two.

Can somebody explain with a simple eg.

Appreciate it.

Swami