db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Swaminathan Gurumoorthy <swamiolym...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Newbie --> getCriterion() Question
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:36:43 GMT
Say I am writing a criteria equivalent to

select * from employee where salary < 10000 or salary > 20000

and I do this using

Criteria crit = new Criteria();Criteria.Criterion a1 = crit.getNewCriterion(EMPLOYEE.salary,
10000, Criteria.LESS_THAN);Criteria.Criterion a2 = crit.getNewCriterion(EMPLOYEE.salary, 20000,
Criteria.GREATER_THAN);crit.add(a1.or(a2));

Now there are two criterion on the same field ( or that's what i assume). Which criterion
will getCriterion("EMPLOYEE.salary") return?

Thanks

Swami

Kalyani Kale <kalyani@ascindia.com> wrote:
Hi,
According to my understanding,

Both these methods essentially do the same thing. They return a criteria
associated with the column.

But in the getCriterion( String column ) method, the 'columnName' string is
of type 'tableName.columnName'.

Whereas in the getCriterion( String tableName, String columnName ) method,
the table name is explicitly provided.

for e.g.
getCriteron("Employee.empid")
getCriterion("Employee", "empid")