db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject Village for Oracle patch - new bug fix (22-Oct-2004)
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:26:35 GMT

  This is for all those village for Oracle users who got the patch from http://sweb.uky.edu/~skkann2/village/index.html

Fixed a bug that would prevent you from inserting a record in which a VARCHAR/CHAR field is
set to '' (empty string). The same is true for updating a record which has a VARCHAR/CHAR
field set/updated to '' (empty string).

You can download the patch from this web site-

When I try to update the Torque WIKI FAQ page to change the "last updated" date for village-oraclepatched,
it says "You are not allowed to edit this page." This has been the case for a long time and
no one responded to my question as to why it is this way. Seems to be countering the goal
of putting up a Wiki. So I ask again - why is it this way? How can I get to update the page?

Hope this helps.