db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.io.IOException
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:04:51 GMT
Lucas Fragomeni <lucas@lucasfragomeni.com> writes:

>Here is my problem: i have a web application running perfectly well at home, but when
I put it on my host provider it just keeps throwing, from time to time, a java.sql.SQLException,
originated from a org.apache.torque.TorqueException, caused by a java.io.IOException:
>Everything starts on the 'getConnection()', and happens only from time to time...
>Would it have something to do with the way my host provide treats security and connection
>Bellow is the stack trace I get:
>java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.io.IOException

This is an I/O error, which means that the problem happens deep inside
your JDBC driver. Probably it lost its connection to the
database. This could be everything from a rebooted switch between your
database server and your application server to a MySQL maintenance
shutdown. This has IMHO nothing to do with Torque.

                                    Open Source Software Development"