db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and BLOBs
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:09:59 GMT
T E Schmitz <mailreg@numerixtechnology.de> writes:

>Hello,
>I searched the archive to find out whether there are any issues with
>PostgreSQL BLOBs but most of the recent postings seem to be Oracle
>specific; so excuse the rather unspecific question:

>Does anybody have any experience with using Torque/PostgreSQL/BLOBs? I
>need to store small jpg files (15KB).

Do you really need BLOBs? I'd suggest that you use "BINARY":

   <column name="IMAGE_DATA_ID" required="true" primaryKey="true" type="BIGINT" javaType="object"/>
   <column name="IMAGE_DATA_LAST_CHANGE" required="true" type="TIMESTAMP" size="0" javaName="LastChange"/>
   <column name="IMAGE_DATA_LAST_USER" required="true" size="64" type="VARCHAR" javaName="LastUser"/>

   <column name="IMAGE_DATA_DATA" required="true" type="BINARY" javaName="ImageData"/>
   <id-method-parameter name="sequence_name" value="table_sequencer" />

Works fine with PostgreSQL and my Images are a "bit" bigger (1-5 MBytes).

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"