db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: AW: defaultIdMethod="none"
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:06:50 GMT
"Ferruh Zamangoer" <ferruh.zamangoer@gistec-online.de> writes:

>Hi Tino,

>I know Hennings posting, but the problem is that the option autoincrement is
>deprecated in torque-gen-3.1, I also know that the option is not removed
>from this package I can use it, but I do not prefer it because I don't know
>what can be occure in later version for example when autoincrement option is
>removed????

As I said. If you can make a case where "autoincrement" is useful, we
might simply remove the deprecation.

The deprecation comes from a time where "sequence", "autoincrement"
and everything else were planned to be faded out in favor of "native"
(which IMHO sucks).

"autoincrement" is in fact a misnomer. This should be
"database-handled" or something like this.

If it works for you: use it. It will _definitely_ not removed for the
3.1 tree (3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2 and so on) and this already makes a strong
case for keeping this (maybe renamed) in 3.2.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"