db-torque-user mailing list archives

From arne.sie...@pta.de
Subject Antwort: AW: Antwort: blocking calls, query timeout
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 16:46:52 GMT

Hi Tino,

I've noticed too late that the method setWaitOption has been deprecated in
newer versions of the jdbc driver, so better don't try to use it...

Gruss
Arne

Hi Arne,

how, or better where do I specify that with
torque? in torque.properties?

Gruesse,
Tino

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: arne.siegel@pta.de [mailto:arne.siegel@pta.de]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. September 2004 10:37
An: Apache Torque Users List
Betreff: Antwort: blocking calls, query timeout

Hi Tino,

you should have a look at the method setWaitOption in the Oracle JDBC
driver class OracleStatement.

public void setWaitOption(int waitOption);

The valid values for waitOption are:
0 = The program waits until the requested resource is available (default
setting)
4 = The driver returns an error code if the requested resource is not
available (this one should work for you)

Arne Siegel

Hi all,

my problem is this:
My app using torque accesses an oracle db that
is shared with other apps. These apps tend to
use long blocking calls to select/update data,
causing my app to wait forever on updating that
same data.

As I cannot change those other apps I would
like to detect these blockings and handle them,
but therefore I need to set the timeout or smth. on
my queries, so they return with a nice SQLException
stating the error.

How would I set this timeout in torque, are there
other ways to cope with this problem?

Best regards,

Tino Sperlich