db-torque-user mailing list archives

From <Martin.Gou...@sungard.com>
Subject RE: doSelectJoinXXX() methods with Connection parameter
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:58:32 GMT
TE, Thank you for the fast reply! :-)

Is there any plan of putting this into version 3.2? And btw, does anybody knows when this
new release is supposed
to be released? There are many features in it that we are looking forward to.

thx!

MG
--
Martin Goulet, B.Sc.
Senior Software Architect
SunGard Front Office Solutions
Email: Martin.Goulet@sungard.com
Web: www.online.sungard.com

-----Original Message-----
From: T E Schmitz [mailto:mailreg@numerixtechnology.de]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 4:35 PM
To: Apache Torque Users List
Subject: Re: doSelectJoinXXX() methods with Connection parameter

Hello Martin,

Martin.Goulet@sungard.com wrote:

> I'm using the doSelectJoinXXX methods generated by Torque. However I need to use them
with a Connection object. To my surprise,
> it seems that these variants of the methods do not exists.... Am I mistaken and there
is a way to make Torque generate them? Also,
> there does not seem to be any doSelectJoinAll method at all (there are many doSelectJoinAllExceptZZZ
but none to join all the tables
> at the same time).

I added exactly those methods to BasePeer.vm. It's pretty much a
copy'n'paste job except for doSelectJoinAll, which is a little bit more
involved.

Unfortunately I cannot share my templates as I have made numerous other
changes (I renamed a few variables. And I made certain assumptions: for
instance, I know that I am always using objects rather than primitive
types, and single-column PKs; and I incorporated logic for outer joins,
a patch Thomas Fischer added to Torque; as I am using ALIASes for all
joins self-joins are supported in my template, too).

On 29th July I posted snippets from my BasePeer.vm template to this
list. Maybe that will help you get started. (subject line : "Re: 1.
onDelete 2. 1:n association").

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz