db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: doSelectJoinXXX() methods with Connection parameter
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:51:49 GMT
Hello Martin,

Martin.Goulet@sungard.com wrote:

> TE,
>
> Sorry, you are quite active on the mailing list so I thought that you were part of the
Torque project.

If there is ever an OpenSource project I will contribute to, it'll be
Torque - I've grown quite "fond" of it over the last few moths ;-)
So, no offense taken,

> 1- If the doSelectJoinXXX methods are to be included in release 3.2 of Torque? IMHO it
would be a neat
> feature

A couple of things would be useful:
- doSelectJoinXXX
- doSelectJoinAll

+ both with implicit and explicit connections
+ with a choice of inner and left outer joins (there was a discussion on
this topic on the dev list, but I can't quite remember what Scott Eade's
and Thomas Fischer's conclusion was - as backwards compatibility needs
to be considered)
+ self-joins permitted (as far as I can see that can only be done via
aliasing; anyway, that's how I've done it)

As an aside: does anyone use those doSelectJoinExceptXXX methods? I find
them kind of useless and they blow the code up a fair bit if a table has
loads of FKs.

--

Regards/Gruß,

TES