db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: Torque BaseXXX in Transaction and the isNew() Method Check
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:47:52 GMT
Hallo Henning,

Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> Well, it might be a good idea to add a "lastState" property to the
> generated peer classes...

What exactly do you mean by "lastState" property?
Do you mean a shadow object that allows youto fall back to the last
saved state?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think there is another pitfall regarding
the modified flag: in doUpdate(...) the modified flag is set to false
unless an exception was thrown. But as there is no feedback whether the
update was actually successful it is possible for the flag to be set
without the update having been carried out. (The record might've been
deleted in the meantime or modified such that the criteria didn't grab
the record).

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika