db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: Connection leak
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:48:04 GMT
Hello Ian,

Ian Ragsdale wrote:

> We recently had a similar problem.  Here's what we did, which appeared
> to alleviate the problem without addressing the underlying connection leak:
>
> # don't wait indefinitely for a connection
> torque.dsfactory.scimitar.pool.maxWait = 5000
>
> # allow up to 25 connections in the pool (up from 8)
> torque.dsfactory.scimitar.pool.maxActive = 25
>
> # remove connections that have been abandoned
> torque.dsfactory.scimitar.pool.removeAbandoned = true

When I set any of these properties (maxWait, maxActive, removeAbandoned,
logAbandoned), I get an error:

Category:org.apache.torque.dsfactory.AbstractDataSourceFactory
Message:Property: maxActive value: 10 is not supported by DataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.PerUserPoolDataSource

and so forth.

I had the same problems with SharedPoolDataSourceFactory

Hence I have not played around with these settings any further.
Does anybody understand which properties are available when?

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz