db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: doSelectJoinXXX() methods with Connection parameter
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:35:02 GMT
Hello Martin,

Martin.Goulet@sungard.com wrote:

> I'm using the doSelectJoinXXX methods generated by Torque. However I need to use them
with a Connection object. To my surprise,
> it seems that these variants of the methods do not exists.... Am I mistaken and there
is a way to make Torque generate them? Also,
> there does not seem to be any doSelectJoinAll method at all (there are many doSelectJoinAllExceptZZZ
but none to join all the tables
> at the same time).

I added exactly those methods to BasePeer.vm. It's pretty much a
copy'n'paste job except for doSelectJoinAll, which is a little bit more
involved.

Unfortunately I cannot share my templates as I have made numerous other
changes (I renamed a few variables. And I made certain assumptions: for
instance, I know that I am always using objects rather than primitive
types, and single-column PKs; and I incorporated logic for outer joins,
a patch Thomas Fischer added to Torque; as I am using ALIASes for all
joins self-joins are supported in my template, too).

On 29th July I posted snippets from my BasePeer.vm template to this
list. Maybe that will help you get started. (subject line : "Re: 1.
onDelete 2. 1:n association").

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz