db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject case sensitive ORDER BY
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:59:19 GMT
Hello,

I am using Torque 3.1 with PostgreSQL 7.4.

I noticed that the generated ORDER BY clause is always case insensitive.
Regardless of Criteria.setIgnoreCase(), for Strings the ORDER BY clause
always uses UPPER(<col>). I had a look at
BasePeer.processOrderBy(), which always calls
db.ignoreCaseInOrderBy(orderByColumn) for Strings.

Is this intended?
How can a case sensitive ORDER Bbe produced?

(processOrderBy() was introduced by Thomas Fischer for the outer join
patch but this particular piece of code is identical to the original in
createQuery())

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz