db-torque-user mailing list archives

From T E Schmitz <mail...@numerixtechnology.de>
Subject Re: doSelect with collections filled
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 08:48:15 GMT
Hello Artur,

Artur Z wrote:
> please help - I have a performance problem

> the question is:
> how to query author table to get in return list of authors with already
> initialized books collections

You will indeed run into severe performance problems if you don't use
the doSelectJoinXXX methods, which read the main object and [some of
its] FK related objects in a oner.
Beware though that Torque 3.1 generated templates will use an inner join
for the doSelectJoinXXXX methods.

I remember, at the end of July I gave you a long reply including some
code snippets for the Peer.vm template regarding the doSelectJoinXXXX
methods, self-references and left joins.

It would be nice [for the helpers and and those who later browse the
archive] if the original poster gave some feedback whether that sorted
the problem.

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz