db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and BLOBs
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:31:24 GMT
Hi,

  Just write a small test program to make sure that the JDBC driver for PostgreSQL supports
all the JDBC standard interfaces. More importantly, the [C/B]LOB.xxxStream() methods. If they
do, there is 99% chance that it will work with Torque. All the issues with Oracle/LOBs was
because Oracle doesn't support the JDBC standards for LOBs. For example, oracle.sql.Clob (the
actual interface that is returned when you do a recset.get() ) doesn't support .toString()
- which is really weird considering the fact the CLOBs are generally used to store Strings!!

-Saravana

-----Original Message-----
From: T E Schmitz <mailreg@numerixtechnology.de>
To: Apache Torque Users List <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:28:38 +0100
Subject: PostgreSQL and BLOBs

Hello,
I searched the archive to find out whether there are any issues with
PostgreSQL BLOBs but most of the recent postings seem to be Oracle
specific; so excuse the rather unspecific question:

Does anybody have any experience with using Torque/PostgreSQL/BLOBs? I
need to store small jpg files (15KB).

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz