db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Cameron Hickey" <...@panoramatos.com>
Subject connection object null on remote server
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:00:13 GMT
I have been developing my Tomcat/Struts/Torque web application locally
for the past few months, and recently started trying to port it to a
shared hosting provider.  Although I am able to get everything to work,
every other request to my application returns a null connection error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Connection object was null. This could
be due to a misconfiguration of the DataSourceFactory. Check the logs
and Torque.properties to better determine the cause.

If I refresh the page, then everything loads fine, but on successive
pages it throws the same error.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour?  I am sure its something
straightforward with regard to the connection settings, but this is an
area I don't really understand, and forgot about once I got it working
right in my local development environment (where this problem does not
exist).

Thanks for any help!

Cameron