db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Disable Trigger in Torque?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:41:04 GMT
"Ferruh Zamangoer" <ferruh.zamangoer@gistec-online.de> writes:

>does anybody know if it's possible to disable the trigger mechanism inside
>torque. My problem is that I have defined triggers in my Oracle database and
>when I'am inserting new Data, the ID(Primary Key) field is increment by
>Torque and by my trigger which I have defined. For Example the last value of
>my sequence is 134 but the db inserts 136.

Use another ID generator (do we have docs besides the Javadocs for
this somewhere around?). There _should_ be one, that allows the
database to do the ID generation (similar to MySQL autoincrement
columns).

(This is a woefully underdocumented region of Torque, sorry).

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"