db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Problems connecting to MySql database.
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:38:38 GMT
"Eberle Martin" <eberle@marvecs.de> writes:

>Hi there,
>i am operating an Turbine app with MySql3 Server and Torque.
>Today i've tried to connect to an MySql4 Server with the same
>application
>on a different Linux Server (SuSE 9.1) which won't work.
>The only response is an Error from the BasePeer.initTableSchema
>telling me, that on the port 3306 there may no MySql Server running.
>With phpmyadmin or console i am able to connect to the MySql Server just
>fine.
>What am i doing wrong?

$ netstat -an | grep :3306
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3306            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

If you don't have 0.0.0.0:* here, you cannot connect from an outside
host.

Look at your MySQL access settings and at the tcp_wrappers settings in
/etc/host.allow and /etc/host.deny.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"