db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raphael.X.Mankin%GSK...@gsk.com
Subject Re: Documentation updates, patches, moving towards a 3.1.1 release
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:40:16 GMT
I'm not sure whether this should go into the tutorial, the reference docs
or the WIKI.

It is possible to add any attribute you like to the schema XML; it will be
ignored by the generator scripts. I find this useful in order to add extra
semantics to the schema, which I then pick up in my own xml parser when
generating C/perl interfaces to my Java API.

In particular, I find it useful to mark some columns as write-once: they
may be set when the object is created but  may never be modified later.

|         |           "Scott Eade"     |
|         |           <seade@backstaget|
|         |           ech.com.au>      |
|         |           20-Aug-2004 13:01|
|         |           "Apache Torque   |
|         |           Users List"      |
|         |           <torque-user@db.a|
|         |           pache.org>       |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:      "Torque Developers List" <torque-dev@db.apache.org>
                                        |

  |       cc:      "Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
                                        |
  |       Subject: Documentation updates, patches, moving towards a 3.1.1 release
                                  |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

[Intentional cross-posting]

Just so you all know the Torque documentation has had an extensive
update in the last few days, in particular the Tutorial (the source of
much confusion since the 3.1 release separated the Torque runtime from
the generator) has been brought up to date.  If anybody spots any errors
or omissions on the updated sites please let me know (or better still
provide a patch).

A few patches have also been applied with the goal of getting things
into order in advance of a 3.1.1 release.

If there is anything else that you would like to see in 3.1.1 then you
had better make it known ASAP.

Scott

--
Scott Eade