db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raphael.X.Mankin%GSK...@gsk.com
Subject Re: Antwort: Releasing DB connections
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:00:39 GMT
So you are saying that one cannot do more than one transaction with a
connection. Surely commit/rollback is a separate matter from saying, 'I
have finished with this connections, now let someone else use it'?

Of course, I can close the connection, which will force the pool manager to
create a new one, but that is not what I am after.

|         |           "Thomas Fischer" |
|         |           <Fischer@seitenba|
|         |           u.net>           |
|         |           27-Aug-2004 10:28|
|         |           "Apache Torque   |
|         |           Users List"      |
|         |           <torque-user@db.a|
|         |           pache.org>       |

  |       To:      "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
                                        |

  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject: Antwort: Releasing DB connections

Hi,

personally I use Transaction.begin() to get a connection and
Transaction.commit(connection) , transaction.rollback(connection) or
transaction.safeRollback(connection) to give it back to the pool.

   Thomas