db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject RE: BasePeer.MapBuilder: ClassNotFoundException under Tomcat 5.0
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:18:23 GMT

Hi Rankin,

Sorry but I do not have much experience with jsp's nor with Tomcat 5.0. If
you can instantiate the class, Torque should also be able to instantiate it
?
>From the Tomcat 5 Docs:
- WebappX - A class loader is created for each web application that is
deployed in a single Tomcat 5 instance. All unpacked classes and resources
in the /WEB-INF/classes directory of your web application archive, plus
classes and resources in JAR files under the /WEB-INF/lib directory of your
web application archive, are made visible to the containing web
application, but to no others.

So it should not matter whether you instantiate the class from a library or
within your servlet, _IF_ you have the torque.jar in your WEB-INF/lib
directory.

I do not have any other ideas which could help you, but I do not think the
problem is within your web.xm or your torque.properties, they look quite
normal.

Good luck,

     Thomas