db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkins" <Brent.Atk...@Pro-Sys.biz>
Subject RE: build instructions?
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:34:50 GMT
Sure thing...

The tutorial is located at http://db.apache.org/torque/tutorial/index.html

It seems that you are getting confused by the torque-gen package and the torque package.
Don't
worry mate, we all got confused by it.  There hasn't been much documentation for it since
the
change, someone who knows more than I might want to take a look at it.

As I understand it, the main Torque package is used for runtime.  The Torque-gen package is
used for
generating whatever you actually need during development.  If you grab the Torque-gen package
you
will find a build-torque.xml and all of that good stuff that you were looking for.

An advantage of having it this way, is you get to deploy your application with the crippled
Torque
package instead of giving them the generator and all of that fun stuff.  The disadvantage,
you have
already seen...

I believe that this will fix your problem.  It worked for me, but I got it to work by screwing
around with it until it finally did.  This may not be the official answer, but it should do
it for
you.

I would imagine that the build-torque.xml is no longer being developed, but it should still
work.
Switching to Maven shouldn't be necessary but I can tell you it makes life a bit easier...