db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Ferruh Zamangoer" <ferruh.zamang...@gistec-online.de>
Subject AW: Disable Trigger in Torque?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:45:22 GMT
Hi Bowen,

what I forgot to mentoined is that I don't use the sql-scripts which is
generated by Torque to create the DB. I've become from a customer a dump
file and want to insert and delete some data from this database. I have a
restricition that I can not edit or delete something in the database
settings, schema, triggers ....

I have the following settings:

database definition:
--------------------

<database
  name="ingeo"
  defaultIdMethod="native"
  skipSql="true">

table defintion:
----------------

<column
  name="idaddress"
  required="true"
  primaryKey="true"
  type="INTEGER"
  size="5"
  description="ID Address"/>
<column
  name="city"
  required="false"
  type="VARCHAR"
  size="4000"
  description="City"/>
<column
  name="adminarea"
  required="false"
  type="VARCHAR"
  size="4000"
  description="Admin Area"/>
<column
  name="postcode"
  required="false"
  type="VARCHAR"
  size="4000"
  description="Post Code"/>
<column
  name="country"
  required="false"
  type="VARCHAR"
  size="4000"
  description="Country"/>
<id-method-parameter name="ADDRESS_ID_SEQ" value="ADDRESS_ID_SEQ"/>

In the databse the following trigger is defined, which is calle by any
insert:

Trigger definition:
-------------------

TRIGGER "ADVMIS".Address_BIns
BEFORE INSERT ON ADDRESS_B322
FOR EACH ROW
DECLARE
   nummer  NUMBER;
BEGIN
   SELECT Address_id_Seq.NEXTVAL INTO nummer  FROM sys.dual;
   :NEW.idAddress := nummer;
END;

When I disable the triggers in Oracle DB everything is working fine, but I
will not disable the triggers settings in the Database, I will disable it in
Torrque?

(Thanks for any help)2

Regards
Ferruh