db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Paco Nathan <p...@symbiot.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: RE: Date vs timestamp with Oracle]
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:03:57 GMT
 From what I understand,

$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar is for JDK 1.3 and earlier
$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14.jar is required for JDK 1.4

We've found that you can get by with the classes12.jar on Oracle 9i
(this was on Gentoo and RedHat) even with JDK 1.4, but in the move up
to Oracle 10g it seems more crucial.

Also there were some docs by Oracle (still trying to find it) where
they suggested using "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" instead of
"oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" as of the move to 10g.  During tests,
we found instances in our code where that appears to make a important
different -- but that was fairly esoteric code, such as proxy users.