db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Andras Balogh <and...@reea.net>
Subject Re: Problems connecting to MySql database.
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:02:04 GMT
Hello,

    Althrough this is a little bit OT for Torque list ;) I will try to
give you some hints .
Make sure you don't have any firewall blocking your TCP port 3306.
The console(and phpmyadmin) maybe connects through unix socket not
TCP/IP , try with mysql --host=hostname
Try other possibilites instead localhost: 127.0.0.1 or even the IP of
that machine.
Best would be to make a simple app to connect to mysql ( a simple
servlet or jsp page) to try to
see what is the problem.

Hope it helps,
Andras.