db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Dovlecel Alexandru Ovidiu <alexandru.dovle...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Problems connecting to MySql database.
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:36:32 GMT
The easiest way to see if mysql is running and listening on the 3306 port is
executing the following command:

telnet 3306

If you get some output and then connection closed then it means mysql is
listening on this port. Otherwise it means mysql uses only unix sockets.

AFAIK, you might have to give special rights to the user that makes the
connection to your database (there is a way to specify from which machine
the user can login, something like user@machine, but I don't remember
exactly where). Something with the GRANT command maybe???

Anyway, I don't really like mysql (on suse I had some problems 'till I was
able to make it run properly). Why not use the postgreSQL? ;)))) Easy to
setup and is going to have a native Windows implementation (no cygwin
required anymore). (sorry for the advertising :) )

Best wishes,
Alex