db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Robert Bowen <s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with BasePeer "factory" and Criteria objects ...
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:36:29 GMT
Hello. I have created a "factory" to instantiate a
BasePeer class based on a string, entity.

My code looks like this:

BasePeer objectPeer =
torquePeerFactory.createObjectPeer(entity);

... So if I receive "myEntity" as the string, it
should call the createObjectPeer() method, which does
the following:

return new MyEntityPeer();

Great. But when I create a new Criteria() object and
call objectPeer.doSelect(), my SQL string is "SELECT
FROM". In other words it is missing the column names
and table name.

>From looking at the mail archives I see this is
because you must call explicitly
MyEntityBasePeer.doSelect(), and not just
BasePeer.doSelect(), if you want it to automatically
populate the SELECT statement.

So I need do a cast somewhere ... But I don't want to
put a bunch of "if" statements, like:

if (entity=='x')
objectPeer=(XBaseObjectPeer)objectPeer

... Any suggestions?