db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject Re: AW: single column pk tables
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:33:29 GMT
Just curious, which of there workarounds do you plan to use?

I don't know the answer to your other questions. Sorry about that - I too am kinda new to
Torque.

-Sarav

-----Original Message-----
From: "Ferruh Zamangoer" <ferruh.zamangoer@gistec-online.de>
To: "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>, <saravkrish@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:19:27 +0200
Subject: AW: single column pk tables

Thanks for your workarround, my another Idea was to overload or to define an new method doInsert()
in the PtFreetextPeer class where I can set my SQLstatetments by hand with:

executeStatement("INSERT INTO PT_FREETEXT values "1");

I have just 10 or 12 single column pk tables where I writing this code. I can set than manually
the foreign keys. I don't know if it's a good solution? Another question, when I use my own
doInsert() method are there any possibilty to use the generator for PrimaryKey's or do I have
to create my own Generator?

Regards
Ferruh

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----