db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Saravana Krishnan Kannan" <saravkr...@uky.edu>
Subject Re: single column pk tables
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:02:32 GMT
Hi,

  Another crazy sounding workaround, if you cant modify the table definition, is to create
another table called DummyX that has two columns  and create a trigger for insert and delete
and write code inside the trigger to insert/delete just the relevant field into the original
table. You can then operate on DummyX from torque. Hope this helps.

-Sarav

-----Original Message-----
From: "Ferruh Zamangoer" <ferruh.zamangoer@gistec-online.de>
To: "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:34:41 +0200
Subject: single column pk tables

Hi,

I want to know if somebody else have anytime tested the Methods
setModified(true) + setNew(true) for single column pk tables. When I look at
Source Code in the BaseXXX classes it seems very good but nothing happens
when I call this methods. Does anybody have a suggestion how I can make a
workarround for this problem. My idea was that I can take a second dummy
column which is never used, but then I have possibility to insert something
into the tables, but it's not a very nice solution.

Thanks for any help!

Regards
Ferruh