db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Torque, axis and turbine
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:02:16 GMT
"Gerhard Otte" <Gerhard.Otte@emediapark.de> writes:

>I have two questions:
>- I'm looking for how to initialize torque correctly in a web
>application.

Hi,

well, that depends on what you base your web application. If you use a
framework like Turbine or Avalon, you can easily initialize Torque
through its Avalon interface.

>- What would be the benefits of using turbine; ist it possible to
>integrate
>the existing torque model into turbine ?

Torque was once an integral part of Turbine, so yes. :-)

Turbine allows you to init Torque as an Avalon Component and access
all data object through it. In fact, Turbine uses Torque to access
Security and Scheduler information.

>mailto:G.Otte@emediapark.de     emediapark GmbH http://www.emediapark.de
>Tel:+49 (0)941 630804-2 Fax:-9  Hemauerstr.14,93047 Regensburg,Germany

Cute, you're not _that_ far away from me. About 60 minutes by car...

	Regards
		Henning

"Fighting for one's political stand is an honourable action, but re-
                                    Open Source Software Development"