db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Raphael.X.Mankin%GSK...@gsk.com
Subject RE: need help
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:43:09 GMT
It is frequently not quite what is wanted. For instance, I want to find all
orphaned objects, so I need to construct a Criteria that is equivalent to

      WHERE id NOT IN (SELECT id FROM othertable)

and to use this in a doSelect() or doDelete(). I do not want to construct
an SQL statement by hand to retrieve object IDs, and then have to loop
accessing each object.

|         |           "GUY Laurent Ext |
|         |           OCISI"           |
|         |           <lguy.ext@francet|
|         |           elecom.com>      |
|         |           13-Jul-2004 09:16|
|         |           "Apache Torque   |
|         |           Users List"      |
|         |           <torque-user@db.a|
|         |           pache.org>       |

  |       To:      "Apache Torque Users List" <torque-user@db.apache.org>, hps@intermeta.de
                                |

  |       cc:
                                  |
  |       Subject: RE: need help

And what about this method call ?
BasePeer.executeQuery("select count(*) from Table ");

Is it a bad way to do it ?

Laurent