db-torque-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Fischer <Fisc...@seitenbau.net>
Subject Implementation for left joins / right joins/ explicit inner joins available
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 19:35:10 GMT

Hi all,

I have added the functionality to construct left and right joins for
torque. The details are posted in the Developers mailing list, see
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=torque-dev@db.apache.org&msgNo=3850

The patch was reported to work with oracle and postgreSQL. The only issue
known to me at the moment is that left/right joins over multiple columns
are not supported at the moment, i.e. it is not possible to create a sql
like
select ... from a left join b on a.b_id_one = b.b_id_one and a.b_id_two =
b.b_id_two

The patch is available at http://nagoya.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS219
. To get access to the scarab ticket, just request a role as observer in
the module Torque > Source, it seems that the role will be granted to you
automatically. Download the three attachments from the ticket.

To apply the patch, check out a copy of the CVS (see
http://db.apache.org/torque/cvs-usage.html on how to do this) . Download
the attached patches and put them in the torque CVS root directory. On
linux (I got no idea how to apply patches in Windows), the patches can be
applied by changing into the torque CVS root directory and issuing the
commands
patch -p1 <TorqueJoinsJavaSrc.diff
patch -p1 <TorqueJoinsRttestSrc.diff
patch -p1 <TorqueJoinsTestSrc.diff

After patching the sources, the torque library has to be built (see
http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/GettingTorqueToWork , section 10
(Installing from CVS) on how to do this).

If the left joins do not work as expected, or if you miss something, please
feel free to contact me.

        Thomas