db-torque-user mailing list archives

From adam.s.allga...@exxonmobil.com
Subject Re: Torque, axis and turbine
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:52:08 GMT

>From the Torque Wiki:

7. Getting Torque to run within a web-server
      "Many people make a TorqueInitServlet and call Torque.init() when the
Servlet starts. "

                      "Gerhard Otte"

                      <Gerhard.Otte@emediap          To:      <torque-user@db.apache.org>

                      ark.de>                        cc:

                                                     Subject: Torque, axis and turbine

                      07/07/04 03:00 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Apache Torque Users

                      List"

Hello !

We are using torque in our warehouse application (Swing) and are very
happy with it.
Parts of our business logic should now be available via web service
to java and visual basic clients and whoever may be there in the future.
I successfully installed axis/tomcat 5.0.25 and pocketSOAP (visual
basic)
and can connect to simple java objets.
But now it comes down to the database layer. Of cousre I want to reuse
the
existing torque om model.

I have taken a look at the turbine web site and it seems to be the kind
of tool
searching for.

I have two questions:
- I'm looking for how to initialize torque correctly in a web
application.
- What would be the benefits of using turbine; ist it possible to
integrate
the existing torque model into turbine ?

Regards
Gerhard Otte
__
mailto:G.Otte@emediapark.de     emediapark GmbH http://www.emediapark.de
Tel:+49 (0)941 630804-2 Fax:-9  Hemauerstr.14,93047 Regensburg,Germany