db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Rie Nakajima" <rienakajima...@hotmail.com>
Subject JOIN & result
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:37:24 GMT
Hello.

Though it is so easy question, but please help me out to complete my coding
using Torque for the first time. (I'm using Version 3.1)

I am writing code in order to execute JOIN SQL statement with torque.

Here is the sample tables.
TableA has AUTHOR_ID, and AUTHOR_NAME.
TableB has AUTHOR_ID, BOOK_TITLE, and ISBN.

In order to make JOIN statement, I would write as follows;

Criteria crit = new Criteria();
crit.addJoin(TableAPeer.AUTHOR_ID, TableBPeer.AUTHOR_ID);
List items = TableAPeer.doSelect(crit);

Here is my question;
After doing "doSelect" method, I would get item list which is filled with
the all data from TableA and TableB.
How can I get data for each column, such as data of AUTHOR_NAME in TableA?
(do I write like this?: item.getAUTHOR_NAME();???)

Basically I couldn't figure out how the selected values are stored in list
object when using JOIN.

Again, I know it might be too easy to post this mailing list, but I will
appreciate if any of you would kindly answer this question..

Thank you in advance.