db-torque-user mailing list archives

From "Göschl,Siegfried" <Siegfried.Goes...@drei.com>
Subject RE: corruption on oracle
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:49:05 GMT
Hi Paul,

Hava a look at the WIKI to use P6Spy

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-----Original Message-----
From: Husek, Paul [mailto:Paul.Husek@pfizer.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 00:09
To: 'torque-user@db.apache.org'
Subject: corruption on oracle

Hello,

I'm currently using Torque 3.1 with Oracle 8.1.7. I'm experiencing an anomaly.  Specifically
the following code:

   CapUser cu = p.getUser();

   cu.setPwChangedDate(new java.util.Date());  //this causes data corruption

   cu.save();

causes part of another field (the username) in this record to change. Specifically the first
3 characters of a field.  I can detect this by immediately looking up the record after the
save.  Changing other fields in this record does not seem to have this problem. Has anyone
ever experienced this?

How can I see the SQL the save() method generates too detect what's going on?

Thanks,

Paul